The PDF attachment below details what is to be inspected as designated by CanNACHI. It is strongly recommended to read the SOP as it will give you a clear understanding of what is and what isn't included in an inspection.
The Canadian National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (CanNACHI) promotes the
highest standards of professionalism, business and personal ethics and inspection procedures
and practices. CanNACHI members adhere to the following Code of Ethics in the course of their
1. The CanNACHI member's "Duty to the Public"
1. The member shall abide by the Code of Ethics and follow the CanNACHI Standards of
2. The member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or
bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
3. The member shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the
4. The member shall not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap and shall comply
with all federal, provincial and local laws concerning discrimination.
5. The member shall be truthful regarding his/her services & qualifications.
6. The member shall have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client, nor shall he/she
accept or offer any undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or other benefit, nor shall he/she
accept or offer any disclosed or undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or other benefit from
real estate agents, brokers or any third parties having financial interest in the sale of the
property nor shall he/she offer or provide any disclosed or undisclosed financial compensation
directly or indirectly to any real estate agent, real estate broker or real estate company for
referrals or for inclusion on lists of preferred and/or affiliated inspectors or inspection
7. The member shall not communicate any information about an inspection to anyone
except the client without the prior written consent of the client, except where it may affect the
safety of others or violates a law or statute.
8. The CanNACHI member shall always act in the interest of the client, unless doing so
violates a law, statute or this Code of Ethics.
9. The member shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed,
limitations of services and fees.
10. The member shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the
jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
11. The member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or
associated services to a structure on which the member or member's company has prepared a
home inspection report, for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to
components and/or systems which are not included in the CanNACHI standards of practice.
2. Duty to Continue Education
1. The member shall comply with CanNACHI 's current Continuing Education Requirements.
2. Duty to the Profession and CanNACHI
3. The member shall strive to improve the Home Inspection Industry by sharing his/her
lessons and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the member from
copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other Inspectors or the public in any manner
permitted by law.
4. The member shall assist the CanNACHI leadership in disseminating and publicizing the
benefits of CanNACHI membership.
5. The member shall not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging,
seditious or destructive to CanNACHI, fellow members, employees, leadership or directors of
CanNACHI. Member(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall be
reviewed by the Discipline & Professional Practices Committee for possible sanctions and/or
expulsion from the association.
6. The member shall abide by CanNACHI 's current membership requirements.
7. The member shall abide by CanNACHI 's current message board rul
Copyright © 2017 Target Inspections - All Rights Reserved.